- LOBB, MCCLAIN posted by Cindy Corwin Lobb on Sunday, October 1, 2000
- Looking for info on the Lobb family of PA. Thomas Trewyn Lobb born in England came to Broad Top City, Huntingdon Ct., and lived at Ocean Mines No 1., near Brisbin, Clearfield Ct. Thomas was buried at the Odd Fellows Cemetery in Brisbin, PA, along with his wife, Jane. Can anyone help with addtional information?
- DAVIS, HOYT, LAMB, NICHOLS, WILSON posted by Carolyn Davis on Sunday, October 1, 2000
- 2nd Great Grandparents, Jesse Wilson (b. 1792 in CT) and Susan Nichols (b. 1802 NY) were living in Huston Twp, Clearfield Co., PA 1850 census. Children listed: Israel, Larra, George L., Royal E. An Albert Bliss was residing in the house also. Somehow there is a relationship to the Hoyt & Lamb families living nearby. Would like to correspond with anyone with connection to this family.
- KEPHART posted by J.Kephart Maxin on Monday, October 2, 2000
- Kephart Looking for Information on Adam Wesley Kephart b 9-16-1879 son of Daniel & Susanna(2nd wife) brother to Gurley, Jane, Anne, John & Irv. possible half brother Albert & ? married to Elizabeth Hayden b3-24-1882 Children: Nora, Sara, Mildred, Edith, Sue and Herman. Would appreciate any help.
- BARTO, WALLACE posted by Todd Brickley on Tuesday, October 3, 2000
- Always looking for info on the John Wallace Family and William Barto Family Both were in Clearfield Co. 1840-1920 in and around the town of Coalport. I have photos and info to share.
- DAVIDSON posted by Catherine Sherbine on Tuesday, October 3, 2000
- I am looking for ancestors of my husband. His great-grandfather was John Davidson. He was born June 30, 1890, in Houtzdale, Clearfield County, PA. He died November 9, 1951, in Claridge, Westmoreland County. John married Nellie Gay Cook. John Davidson's parents were Alexander Davidson and Jemimah Smith. They were both born in Scottland. Other children of Alexander and Jemimah are William, Alexander, David, Thomas, Charles, Margaret, and Elizabeth. If anyone has a connection, please contact me.
- HUMMEL, SMITH posted by Kerry Miller on Wednesday, October 4, 2000
- Looking for information on Annie E. Smith of Houtzdale, Clearfield County, PA. She married Rev. Frank P. Hummell (or Hummel) on December 9, 1880 in Glen Hope, Clearfield Co. She died 26 June 1954 in Central Islip, Suffolk Co., NY.
- BELL, MCCRACKEN posted by Jennifer Bell on Wednesday, October 4, 2000
- I am looking for any information on the T.G. McCracken Funeral Home in Mahaffey. I have been told the Home is run/owned by my McCracken relatives. I am also looking for any information on the Bell family in Mahaffey. My grandfather was Meldon Bell and his parents were John Robert Bell and Ardna Mae (McCracken) Bell. I was told my great grandparents are both at Watts Cemetery but I have not seen John's name in any of the records. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- BILLOTTE, DIXON, YOUNKIN posted by Holly on Thursday, October 5, 2000
- I am looking for quite a bit of information on the Dixon, Billotte, and Younkin families. My main concern at this time is that my Billotte relatives came from Italy in 1886, had Anna Billotte in 1888 in Pennsylvania and then moved on to New York City until their deaths in the 1890's. The parents were Guisseppi and Caterina (LaCreta)Billotte/Bellotti/Billotti and their children were Vincenzo, Pasquale, Anna and Rosa Billotte/Bellotti/Billotti. I know that he was supposedly a coal miner but I have no idea what part of the state that they briefly lived in and I am wondering if their is any possibility of finding a birth certificate or search by entire state instead of city. Can anyone who is experienced in this area help me out????
- FIREMAN, HOY, WILSON posted by Pam on Friday, October 6, 2000
- Looking for any information on Luemma R. Hoy and her half brother James William "Jay" Hoy. Their father was Albert L. Hoy. Luemma (1857-1912) was married to Henry Fireman (1850-1925) and lived in DuBois. James (1870-1933) was married to Mary Wilson (1878-1941) and was a jeweler in DuBois for many years.
- KELLIGHER, KELLIHER, KILLEHER, KILLINGER posted by Dave Wallace on Friday, October 6, 2000
- I am in search of information on Sabin M Kelligher. In estate papers (centre County) he is listed as living in Coudley, Clearfield County. Sabin is the father of Nettie Belle Kelleher and Lewis Loy Kelliher. Sabin must have been married(divorced?) to Margaret C Kelliher(maiden name unknown) who died 12/27/1909 and listed as living in Burnside Twp., Centre County. Margaret is to have had 1/2 brothers James A Gaines and John A Gaines and a 1/2 sister Blanche Gaines. Netie Belle Kelliher married 20 April 1905 to Franklin C Teats. Any information would be helpful.
- EGET, HANCHARICK, LUTHER, RUSHNOCK, SMOLKO posted by MaryAnn Demchak on Saturday, October 7, 2000
- Researching family names of HANCHARICK, EGET, LUTHER, SMOLKO, RUSHNOCK, and POLIVCHAK
- POHORENCE, POHORENEC posted by Sonja Pohorenec Strange on Monday, October 9, 2000
- Looking for any available information. Family is from Slovakia date of immigration unknown. Earliest records found indicate marriages between POHORENEC and SIMKO in 1893 & 1899 in LaSalle County, Illinois. Family located in OH, PA, NY & IL. Please contact me if you have any info. Thanks.
- KEPHART posted by Myra Danner on Monday, October 9, 2000
- Looking for information on my grandfather Bruce C. Kephart. He was married to Catherine (tahaney)Kephart. Their children were cleve, clark, doyle, ronald,goldie,pauline dorthea,elinor,and jean. Believe he had relatives in Clearfield, PA. Don't have much to go on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Believe they were from West Virginia. Last lived in Bethlehem, PA.
- LIVINGSTON posted by Marji Worsham on Tuesday, October 10, 2000
- John Livingston born in Irland,shows on 1910 census, age 75, daughter Mary 47, son Ira 28, gdau. Helen Faulstick 5. Also had son Robert A, married to Hallie Graham Kramer. John had other children but names not known. John's wife unknown but may show on other census if I can find them.
- HAGGERTY, MCFADDEN posted by George Barbour on Thursday, October 12, 2000
- Edna Pearl (MCFADDEN) HAGGERTY, died December 13, 1953, and is buried in Morningside Cemetery, DuBois.
- CUPLER, LYNN, NEIMAN, NEWMAN posted by A. Quinlisk on Friday, October 13, 2000
- Information wanted on the Adam Cupler Family of the Bell Twp. area. He was married to Anna Lynn and Elizabeth Ling. Believe he died abt. 1880.
Information on the Vincent and Joseph Neiman/Newman Families of DuBois--were brothers who had both married Bronislawa/Bertha Krystowcyzk. Lived in DuBois from the late 1800's on W. Long Ave. (boarding house) Anything will be appreciated
- HAAS, HOYT posted by Terry Morgan on Friday, October 13, 2000
- My great-grandparents were Bertha and George Haas. Also my Great-grandmother was also Sara Hoyt, who had a son named James Schofield Hoyt. He died in 1941.
- WEAVER posted by Denise Bright on Saturday, October 14, 2000
- We need an obituary for Erastus Weaver who died in Du Bois,PA in 1939, we do not have the month of his death so cannot do a search for the obit. Erastus was a train engineer, his wifes name was Neva. We have not been able to find where Erastus's father HERBERT P WEAVER, his wife Angelica (angelina?) and their son Emory T are buried. We are hoping that Erastus's obit will give us the information or help us with our search. Erastus was my great uncle. Any help would be appreciated.
- TOZER, TOZIER posted by Sue Herman on Tuesday, October 17, 2000
- I am looking for info on Tozier/Tozers who came to Chest Twp. Clearfield Co. about 1840`s. They were from N.Y. I know Barrick/Baruch Tozier mar. Rebecca Campbell. They had 12 children. Andrew J. Salmon,Nancy, Susanna, Melissa, Robert(my g grandfather) Mary Ann,Sarah, John, George, Jacob. These children were born between 1832-1868. Baruch had three brothers, Salmon, Gilbert Snyder and Andrew. All born early 1800`s. Robert Tozier was murdered near Glen Campbell in 1908.Robert mar. Rachel Hurd Bishop.Some time before Robert was murdered they moved to Baxter,Jefferson Co. I am looking for info on any of these names.
- BARTER, HALL, PAXTON posted by Gloria Jean on Tuesday, October 17, 2000
- looking for charles h. hall "bob".worked coal mines.census1910,grassflats,1920morrisdale.need to find 1900census where he was,brick wall!he also was union rep for mines.married cora paxton early1900-1903.children,robert,edna,edward,dorthy,leora,alma,roy.other children died,george,twin girlis all buried in grassflats.can not find cemetry.need any from anywhere,thanks gloria
- HOOVER, WILSON posted by Donna Terrian on Tuesday, October 17, 2000
- Need further info. on the following WILSON family of Bradford Twp., Clearfield Co., PA (Woodland)..
Nicholas Porter Wilson b. 8 Oct.1837 m. Margaret Hoover.
- POOLE posted by Dean Sharpless on Tuesday, October 17, 2000
- Looking for the cemetery that Blanch Poole)Hiney) is buried.She lived in Kerr Addition had a daughter Rosie . Her father was Christian Poole born in 1845 and they both lived in Sandy Ridge around 1900.
- RAUCH posted by Ramona on Wednesday, October 18, 2000
- Looking for relatives of Johann (John) Rauch
Father: Freidrich (Fred) Wilhelm Rauch
Mother: Anna Elizabeth Rauch. The family moved to Oregon, and Washington. Freidrich was said to have a brother in Penn. and a sister in Michigan. John Rauch is my grandfather he married Emma Hulda Adam and lived in Munson PA.in 1913/14 Frederich and Anna also lived in Munson. John and Emma moved to Michigan. Freidrich died in Clark County Washington 11/7/25 age 77yrs. Anna died in Portland Or. 5-4-37
- HOOVER posted by Allen Hoover on Wednesday, October 18, 2000
- In the 1880 census, my GGF, Joseph F. Hoover, was living in the North Houtzdale area of Clearfield County. Unfortunately, he was killed in a mine accident near Houtzdale sometime around 1885. There were four children: Frank, John, Mary and Joseph D. GGF came from Alsace, France in 1867-1868; Joseph D., was born in Alsace in 1862. ANy information concerning this family would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
- DONAHUES posted by Joan on Thursday, October 19, 2000
- I am looking for info on Tom and Jane Donahue that apparently settled in the Dubois area in the early 1900's. I believe they were lived on West Weber Avenue. Also info on any of their 11 children. thank you.
- STONE posted by Charles Schaefer on Thursday, October 19, 2000
- Seeking info on parents of Lawrence Stone born April 11, 1848 in Clearfield Count,Pa. Names of parents, geneology, dates of parents birth or death, where they were born. Lawrence died 4/26/1940 in Denver, CO. Writing a boook for his great, great, great grandson Logan Mathew Schaefer (4yo) please help.
- RISHELL, UTZINGER posted by Larry Gosnell on Saturday, October 21, 2000
- Seeking information on the family line of Edward H. Rishell and who I think was his wife, Lena Utzinger. Children were Burton H. Rishell, John E. Rishell and Alice C. Rishell. Edward is buried in Dubois, Pa. This family line lived in Brady Township. There is also a connection to the ACOR family line but haven't figured that one out yet. Also need information on the Utzinger family. I believe that there were atleast three children, one daughter (Lena) and two sons.Lena Utzinger was born 1873 and need to know who her parents and brothers were. She is supposed to be buried in Clarion Co, Pa. 1927.
- KING posted by Lois Smith on Saturday, October 21, 2000
- Looking for information on John King b1797, married to Nancy b1798. One of their children was Matilda King(Owens) b1832. Seeking birthplace and parents of John. Thank you. Lois Smith
- HALL posted by Janet McCully on Wednesday, October 25, 2000
- i'm looking to hear from anyone who knew Mary Hall. She was born about 1900 I believe. I met her once when I was 6. I'm her great niece. I would like to know more about her. Not many family members left old enough to have know here either.
- GIRLES, STCLAIR posted by Glenn McCullough on Saturday, October 28, 2000
- Looking for any info on Susanah St Clair b-02-21-1827 Covington , Clearfield Co. married George Girles at Clearfield, Clearfield Co.-09-12-1847 by the Rev.S.Baird.
Sarah-1850, William -1852-Catherine-1853-
Amelia- 11-10-1855 Covington, Clearfield Co.
Rebecca-11-01-1857, Covington Clearfield Co.
- HOOVER posted by Kris Hocker on Sunday, October 29, 2000
- I am trying to find information on Oak Hill Church and the associated cemetery. It is located just north of Karthaus, in Clearfield County. I have located the grave sites of several relatives in the cemetery and would like to find additional information on the church, its members and burials in the cemetery. If anyone has any suggestions on where I might find information on this church, the cemetery and burials there, I would appreciate the guidance.
- CARLSON posted by Carol Groy on Monday, October 30, 2000
- Am searching for any information on my grandmother, Selma Carlson Johnston, who was born in Clearfield County, Pa. possibly around 1875-80. Only know father's name was Oscar Carlson and she had a sister Emily. Thanks for any help.
- ECKARD, WOLESLAGLE posted by Kim Myles on Tuesday, October 31, 2000
- Looking for Zacariah & Julia Woleslage relations, also Edmond Eckard, Eckerd, father Jonathan
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project