Elk County, Pennsylvania
Posted Queries for February 2001
- ABPLANALP, BEDFORD, NORDHEIM, NORTUM posted by Dee Zito on Saturday, February 3, 2001
- Searching for information regarding the BEDFORD family of Johnsonburg, PA. Leon, b. 1880 in NY married in Johnsonburg on Feb 9, 1898 to Melissa NORTUM (Nordheim) b. Nov 15, 1881. Their daughter, Ethel, married Robert ABPLANALP. Ethel & Robert had at least one son, Robert. Leon & Melissa also adopted a son, Harry.
Leon's brother, Percy BEDFORD, b. Aug 22, 1888, married Jul 1, 1909 to Melissa's sister, Matilda J. NORTUM (Nordheim) b. Apr 2, 1886. Matilda was more commonly known as Mae, Tiny, or Tillie. They had 2 children known to me, Kenneth and Virginia.
Anyone have connections to these two couples? Have lots of information and photos of the Nortum family to share, but would like to know more about the Bedford family and the descendants of these 2 couples.
- LOW, LOWE posted by Kathie Boucher on Sunday, February 4, 2001
- I'm looking for any information on members of the Low/Lowe family who lived in Ridgeway from c.1885-c.1920. I'm particularly interested in Samuel A. Low, born 8-24-1850, in Fairfield, Adams County, PA and his wife, Susan Stoner Low, born 8-1-1851, also in Fairfield, Adams County.
- HENRY posted by Bill Henry on Monday, February 5, 2001
- Looking for in formation about Harvey HENRY who was born in 1820 in New York. His wifes name was Elizabeth ? b. 1822 in New York. Harvey appears in a 1850 federal census in Elk county as head of household with wife Elizabeth, a 4 year old girl named Mary A. and a Alonzo Henry 21 years old. Harvey had a son,Marshall b. in 1856. He then moved to Wisconsin and had a son, George William, b. in 1858. Harvey died in Wisconsin in 1898.
- CARR, JOB posted by Russ Carr on Wednesday, February 7, 2001
- I am looking for any information on Job Carr, sawmill owner, b 1777 in CT and died April 26, 1851 in Kersey, Elk Co. PA. He lived in Jefferson, Clearfiel and Elk Counties. Married first (?) Mourk and second Mariah Millar of Jamestown, NY. May have had numerous children but we are sure of Asahel, David, Squire Joseph, Jeremiah, Philip, Sarah, Elizabeth and Phoebe. Slocum and Rebecca may be other children. Need parents of Job or Mariah and town of birth of Job.
- SLEE posted by Sherry Shepherd on Friday, February 9, 2001
- I am looking for information about John Slee. He lived in the Dagus mine area from the mid-1800's to 1921 when he died. He was married to Sarah Crawford and Rebecca Crawford. Thank you for your assistance, Sherry
- WISENTHAL posted by Brian Brennen on Saturday, February 10, 2001
- Looking for a lost town called WISENTHAL. Courthouse records show my grandmother to have been born there, but I remember my father telling me that she was born in GLEN HAZEL. Are they one and the same? Did one merge into the other? Or did Wisenthal disappear along with all the other mining and lumbering towns?
- MAXWELL posted by Joanne Lee on Sunday, February 11, 2001
- I'm looking for Joseph or William Maxwell. They are from New Brunswick Canada and immigrated in the late 1800's
- BUBAR, SPOFFORD posted by Elizabeth Asimos on Tuesday, February 13, 2001
- I am searching for information on a Wellington BUBAR who m. Priscilla SPOFFORD on May 05, 1864 in Caledonia, Elk County, PA. Their children were; Henry S., Edgar H., James A. Any information will be very much appreciated. Thank you
- JOHNSON, SIMPSON posted by Elizabeth Asimos on Tuesday, February 13, 2001
- I am searching for any information on an Anne SIMPSON who married Thew JOHNSON on May 16, 1756 in Watton, Yorkshire, England and settled in Grant (Benezette), PA abt. 1803. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- GREENALCH, GREENHALGH posted by Pat Greenhalgh-Johnson on Thursday, February 15, 2001
- Any info on Ellis Greenalch, or Greenhalgh born in England married in 1851 in England , immigrated to US? when i don't know, but had a child in Penn. in 1870 named Ellis, changed spelling from Greenhalgh to Greenalch. Any info you have would be appreciated. This is my great grandfather.
- BECKWITH, BROWN, GRAHAM, HEWITT, HULETT posted by Pat Randall on Friday, February 16, 2001
- Especially interested in Asa Brown and Ebenezer Hewitt.
- KING, MOORE posted by LeRoy Taylor on Sunday, February 18, 2001
- Looking for ancestors/descendants of Allen J. Moore and his wife, Minerva S. King. He was born abt 1858, she abt 1854. They appear in the 1910 census for Elk County, Pa. along with two daughters Clarinda and Florence, plus one son Ira. Will share what information I have on their descendants via Clarinda, my grandmother.
- BEHRINGER, LECHNER posted by Amy Lechner on Sunday, February 18, 2001
- Looking for confirmation of dates of Death/obituaries for the following people:
Marcus Lechner d. 1873
Casper Lechner d July 11 1867
Anna Marie Vogl Lechner d. May 27 1873
Victoria Lechner Behringe; Max Behringer
Josephine Beringer; mark behringer; walburga behringer
Casper and Anna were Marcus' parents but don't appear to have shown up on any ship register that I am aware of...Victoria was his sister and again...decendants show up here including her 8month old daughter..and other children but no sign of her or anyone else that I haave concrete evidence on. any help would be great thanks
- GARRITY posted by Nancy Hasbrouck on Thursday, February 22, 2001
- I am looking for information on the Garrity family of Johnsonburg -- Thomas M. and sisters Lucrese, Faustina, Carthagene, Waltrude and Maura. Thomas was my grandfather.
- MILLER posted by Nancy Hasbrouck on Thursday, February 22, 2001
- I am looking for information on the Miller family; Joel Miller, b. 2/25/1855 in Napanoch, NY and d. 3/7/1927 Ridgway. Married 11/24/1879 to Bethia Steel Miller. Parents of John William Miller b. 2/5/1882 in Ridgway & died 7/11/1939 in St. Marys and Rachel Margaret Miller b. 12/1/1892 & d. 1/18/1982 (my grandmother). There's also a stone in Pine Grove Cemetary in Ridgway for a "Robbie" -- no information.
- MILLER posted by Nancy Hasbrouck on Thursday, February 22, 2001
- I am looking for information on the Miller family; Joel Miller, b. 2/25/1855 in Napanoch, NY and d. 3/7/1927 Ridgway. Married 11/24/1879 to Bethia Steel Miller. Parents of John William Miller b. 2/5/1882 in Ridgway & died 7/11/1939 in St. Marys and Rachel Margaret Miller b. 12/1/1892 & d. 1/18/1982 (my grandmother). There's also a stone in Pine Grove Cemetary in Ridgway for a "Robbie" -- no information available.
- OVERBECK, VANOVERBECK posted by Sandie VanVolkenburg on Saturday, February 24, 2001
- I am looking for information regarding my greatgrandparents. It is my understanding that my greatgrandmother Elsie Haynes "Tamzon"Overbeck born in Reynoldsville, PA died in 1947 possibly in Smethport. A Sheffield PA funeral home handled the arrangements and she was buried in Ludlow, PA. Her husbands named was Ferdinand/Frank and he was buried in the Reynoldsville area in 1903. She worked with nursing people in what is now the Sean Manor Nursing Home in Smethport. Her complete date of death was 9/12/47.
- FLYNN posted by Margaret Wright on Sunday, February 25, 2001
- Patrick & Dora Peterson Flynn Patrick came to USA 1867 from Ireland. Dora, daughter of Augustus & Dorothea Peterson, came to USA approx age 6. Patrick & Dora lived in Clermont 1880. Ridgway and Elbon Elk Co.1900. Any information appreciated, will share what I have.
- HARRIS, HERRON, KRISE, PATERSON, SILVIS posted by Ms. S. Dor? on Sunday, February 25, 2001
- KRISE of ELK Co., SILVIS, HARRIS, HERRON, and PATERSON
I have this information on the above names: From a marriage License application:
William Herron and Myrtle Krise married July 16th 1915
Statement of Male:
Full name; William Herron, Colour: White Relationship to parties, either by blood or marriage: None
Occupation: Woodsman; Birthplace: Clarion Co. Pa Residence: Marienville, Pa.;
Previous marriage: no
Name and surname of father: (can't read the to initials) Hurron
Name of mother: Elisabeth Paterson
Residence of father: Marienville, Pa.
Of Mother: deceased
Colour of Father and Mother: White
Occupation of father: Laborer
Birthplace of father: (looks like:) Armstrong Co., Pa.
Birthplace of Mother: Clarion Co., Pa.
Consent of parents: none
STATEMENT OF FEMALE:
Full name; Murtle (sic) Krise Colour: white
Age: 26 Occupation: Domestick (sic)
Birthplace: Forest Co., Pa.
Residence: Marienville Pa. No previous marriages or diseases.
Father: John Krise
Mother:Laura Maiden name; Silvis
Color of father and mother: white
Residence of father: Howe, Jefferson Co., Pa. Mother's residence: Marienville, Pa.
Birthplace of father: ELK Co., Pa.
Birthplace of Mother: Jefferson Co., Pa.
Father's occupation: Woodsman
Mother's occupation: Housewife
Application for marriage license was made July 5th 1915, and notarized by Wm. Lowman, justice of the Peace.
Married on the 16th day of July 1915 at Marienville Pa, as "Wm. Hurren and Murtle Krize"
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Elk County Home Page
(c) Elk County Genealogy Project